Outlook on life

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Outlook on life

Post by Nailbunny »

So I officially have had my perception of life and what's important altered yesterday. On my way home from work I hit a patch of black ice in my cousins truck. I lost all control and hit the ditch, flipped end over end, and landed on the roof. I can honestly say that it was the most frightening experience of my life. The worst was when I was hanging upside down and couldn't get the seatbelt undone. I realized rather quickly that I just had to take my weight off it and crawled out the window of the truck. Thankfully, someone in front of me seen it happen and stopped right away and called for help. Upon seeing the damage done to the truck, I have no idea how I managed to escape injury aside from the general soreness you get from being inside a flipping pickup truck.
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."
- Squatterbloat, from The Sandman #4 "A Hope In Hell"

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Forky
Ancient Moderator

Re: Outlook on life

Post by Forky »

Lucky you made it out there without much of a harm...
That's kinda thrilling moment i bet. You went to a doc to do some checkup if really nothing happended? Maybe it's better.
Glad you made it out of it!
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I am really glad you were buckled up. Don't wanna imagine what could have happened without seatbelt. Forky is right, maybe you should get a check-up, just to make sure.
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

I actually went to the hospital by ambulance immediately after the accident. The doctors told me I was to expect soreness, but I'm otherwise okay. They also told me I'm extremely lucky
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."
- Squatterbloat, from The Sandman #4 "A Hope In Hell"

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

You were indeed. Good to hear you're fine, apart from the soreness.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Wow man, very glad you're ok, better take it easy and just try to enjoy Christmas.

I've never been through any kind of near-death experience like this, but I bet it really would change your out-look on life or make you appreciate life more.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Damn! I'm really glad you're okay!
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Crap! Didn't you 'play' the ''my head each'' thing , '' my back''... ''my ANYTHING" ???

yOU COULD MAKE LOT'SA MONEY DAMYOU
I had a hoby of this things when i was biking . My first Herman Kardon was from an accident on 0.00 miles an hour speed .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Wow that's crazy! Really glad you're still with us. (: I've had three near-death experiences but my outlook did not change. So more power to you!
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

As Bella said It was a clear case of--the seatbelt that OBVIOUSLY saved our Bunny's life . thx god 'n seatbelt .
Ppl should click that belt All the time .
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Effie, I'd like to talk to you about the evils of wearing seatbelts and then after we're too see how fast you can drive a car towards a cliff.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I've actually been in a wreck before where the doctor told us it would've been better if we did not have our seat belts on.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Oh yeah yeah , I do know that , but did you consider that its a matter of consiqwinses ,lol at my spelling but i think i have the right word . I mean most chances are that the belt would save the person . sometimes it goes bad yeah . but consiq' thing is it?

can someone tell me what i meant by saying consiqwinses , it just sound right.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Consequences. And you are right. In most cases the seatbelt will save your hide. In a few cases, very few when compared to the others, the seatbelt can cause more problems. If I were a gambling man, which I am, I am gonna go with the odds on this one and wear my seatbelt.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Zot . Just on time .
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

I'm so glad that you weren't hurt.

Seatbelts save lives.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I'm also glad you made it out into one piece.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Lol I know, Effie. I was just being....facetious? Not really sure if that's the term I'm looking for. I actually always wear my seat belt. It's such a habit. Sometimes I'll tell myself I'm not going to put my seat belt on if I'm just going a really short distance and then I end up doing it anyway just out of second nature.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

Glad to hear that you are ok ;)
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

There are some smurf who do not put the seatbelt on their kids\selves coz they're going for a five min' drive . That's crazy , the first and only cross-road could easily be the END for'em .Seat belt saved so many ppl . Also our Bunny can still shag-on thanks for his seatbelt !