Wreck it Raplh

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
nich
I live here

Wreck it Raplh

Post by nich »

As anyone seen this? Awesome movie! Not just if you love video games. Obviously it's based around video games and the characters in the game worlds but as just a movie it's amazing.

I might do a review when I feel up to it one day. But here's the short version. It's the perfect mix of comedy, drama, and video games. What's not to love?

There's also going to be a sequel that is currently on the works. They say they're planning on focus more on the video game world.

"In an interview on October 25, 2012, director Rich Moore said that he and Disney have ideas about a sequel that would bring the characters up to date and explore online gaming and console gaming. Moore stated that many of the crew and voice cast are open to the sequel, believing that they have barely scratched the surface of the video game world they envisioned" - Quote from Wikipedia article.

Hopefully this means there will be more video game references/characters. If I have one complaint about the movie it's that the movies setting only takes place in three different game worlds and the game worlds were very simple.

I'm already excited for the sequel. I can predict a plot point about arcades going out of business. The characters in the movie take place in arcade so that's probably why there isn't many specific game references. I hope they reflect on mainstream game worlds next time.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Vincent
Posting Fiend

Re: Wreck it Raplh

Post by Vincent »

I love that movie 8-)
Pi Kaaa kaa-pika-chu chu Pi Kachu pi-kaaa-chu kaaa chu pika-pika pii pika-chu chu piikachu pi Pika-chu Pipi Pi pipi Chu pi-ka-chu, pi pi-kaaa-chu Pika-pi kaa pika-pika Chu pi Pika chu Ka kaa pika-pika chu, Kaa Pi Chu kaa ... pi'pi pi pikaa, kaa pipi'pi pii pi'pi pikaa chu pikapi. Chu, pi Kaaa pika-pika.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I really plan to see it.. Probably will do that this summer when I have time
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Stateless wrote:I really plan to see it.. Probably will do that this summer when I have time
You'll love it! It'll make you laugh, and make you cry. It'll make you understand why video games are important.

You know if you have time sooner, I believe it's available on Netflix.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I wish I had Netflix...
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Stateless wrote:I wish I had Netflix...
Well now that I think of it, it makes sense to wait until you have a lot of free time. Since it's subscription based you want to watch as many movies/TV shows as possible in a month.

If you only watch one or two movies then it doesn't seem like you're getting your moneys worth.

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

reaper wrote: It'll make you understand why video games are important.
?

I might need to see this film then.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I saw it. I enjoyed it.

It was not perfect, but it was good.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~