Nintendo

Redders
Artiste

Nintendo

Post by Redders »

nintendo games and systems.

discuss.

something to start with: the upcoming Nintendo 3DS, worth it or not?
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Re: Nintendo

Post by Clovvach »

Ah gee I haven't touched a Nintendo game in a while. I like some of the Mario games though.
Redders
Artiste

Post by Redders »

the newest Mario game i have played is New Super Mario Bro's for the wii. i have yet to play Mario Galaxy 2 but the first one was good, so i might get it soon.

currently im playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on my wii and pokemon on my DS Lite (the DSi didn't appeal to me at all)
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

DS3D not worth it. What is their problem? Are they saying that the system they already made is not good anymore? Yes, that is what they want you to believe so you buy the new stuff, whether it is fun or not. Try a little experiment: Get out your old NES deck, pop in Excitebike or Kung Fu and try to tell me that it is not fun. What? It is fun? Awesome! So then, are you a blind sheep of a mindless consumer who will buy whatever you are told to buy? Or are you someone who loves to play games and likes games that are fun, regardless of how cool hip new and exciting or lame old krunk and busted "They" say they are?
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Uuuuumm you do know that new games can be just as fun as old games right? I have my fare share of liking both.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

But if you're having lots of fun on your old games, there's no need to spend your parents hard earned money on the newer, overpriced games.

I wish I would hook up my old SNES, but I don't trust Apple Jack around it. I rock Mystic Quest, and you can't go wrong with Super Mario World. I need to find an old copy of Super Mario Bros. 3, too.

We still have the game cube, too. I'd like to get Froot Loop into Animal Crossing. That game is so awesomely cheesy!
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

true, but if you complete these games, and the replayability gets old, then it kind of makes sense to get other games that look good regardless of them being new or old (it's the way I play games. I find one beat it, and just not play in general until I get nostalgic see a game with potential regardless of age, and repeat) AND GODDAMNIT WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE AN NES AND SNES BUT ME!!!!!! DX
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Clovvach wrote:Uuuuumm you do know that new games can be just as fun as old games right? I have my fare share of liking both.
What on Earth would lead you to assume that I think there are no new games that are fun? I'm just a little older than you, and I've been playing video games since they were invented. I know from fun. Yes, there are some fun new games. Guess what? They are not so much more fun than the old games that I have to buy them. Right now. Oh My God. Also, the percentage of games that stink on ice is greater now than it has been since the mid '80s.

So, anyway..... Nintendo is pretty awesome. You know what is cool? Being able to play classic games on the Wii. Yeah, your sweet new hotness can download and play Gunstar Heroes which came out 15 years ago for the SEGA Genesis! This, in my opinion, is one of the greatest advances in "Fun" as far as modern gaming. You like driving games? Excitebike! Oh... already mentioned that... Spy Hunter! You like shooting games? Hogan's Alley! You like puzzle games? Bust A Move!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Redders
Artiste

Post by Redders »

im neutral on the 3DS

i like to have fun with my old games and also experience new games. and all the games i have (and i have a lot) are bought with my own money, that i earned on my own. the only times i ever buy a game with my mom's money is when its for my birthday, its a reward for getting good grades (and it has to be really good grades), or when the game is really cheap because its used and i have the gamestop card to help ease the price on it. and some of those times we pay half and half, so i have to pay for half the game myself.

i still play with my old systems, i never bought a gamecube because i would play my cousin's game cube all the time so it was never needed. and then when my dad (we don't talk anymore) got me a wii for my birthday in the summer (i only asked for a gamecube!) i was so happy, because that meant i could play both wii games and gamecube games. i still do.

i still have my gameboy advance in great condition, which i use when i travel because it fits in your pocket better than the DS. i also have the gameboy, the original one with no color thats gray and requires four batteries to function. i use it to play yoshi's cookies.

my uncle has an NES and if we can find a way to get it from puerto rico to florida, i would have had it here by now. but sadly i dont.

while old games are fun and great to play, new advances in technology also bring a line of great games to come in the future. and while i wont be reserving the 3DS anytime soon, i'll definitely consider getting it to experience this grid system they have that allows you to see 3D without the glasses. true, alot of games now are pretty bad, but some games out there are still good

i find Nintendo to be full of awesome. and people may say the wii sucks right now and nintendo sucks because playstation and Xbox are better than wii, you gotta look at it from another point of view. while playstation is just now releasing the move and Xbox the kinect (which both are supposed to be motion technology), Nintendo already cashed in on the motion technology market with their Wii, which means the competition is behind. and they're the best in handhelds at the moment, the only competition being the PS3 which is not doing to well.

and chex, you have animal crossing! i love that game, my cousin has it for the gamecube and i have it for my DS. super fun game, but my town has weeds all over it!
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

GreatZot, I assumed, I guess I was wrong. People though, buy new games for new games, not because the games they already have aren't fun enough, and by new games I mean games with new concepts, and different game play that the games you already have can't provide.

Chex, I spend my own money on games, unless it's as a Christmas gift or Birthday present, not my parents'. D:

The Nintendo 3DS, if not offering any new games, is not worth it in my opinion.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Back in the day, market research was done one quarter at a time. Video Arcades were the proving ground of what was to be the next big thing. Nobody was going to have a new arcade machine in their house every time a new game came out, so we all saved our lunch money and hung out in the arcade until the mall closed. By counting the quarters it was easy to see which games people liked more than others. Now there are no more video arcades. (But wait, I work at one! I know, but they are not as popular as in the golden age of video games, and depending on where you live, it can be hard to find one.) Companies are forced to use advertising to sell their product, and advertising is not always good, or honest. I don't really hate all new games. I am trying to level the playing field for those who are unsure about where to go to get their gaming fix. Ask Clarence about MAME. I hooked him up with some vintage games that you can't find anywhere else.

As far as human interactivity, the Wii has some nice technology. A few years ago PlayStation came out with the EyeToy, which needs no controller. With shape recognition software and a low-res webcam, all you needed was yourself to play with the game. Fun stuff. Combine this with the sensitivity of the Wii controller, and you can have sword duels over the game network where you actually see your opponent and play against him/her. I am really looking forward to this kind of thing. Imagine how cool fighting games are going to be!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

GreatZot wrote:Back in the day, market research was done one quarter at a time. Video Arcades were the proving ground of what was to be the next big thing. Nobody was going to have a new arcade machine in their house every time a new game came out, so we all saved our lunch money and hung out in the arcade until the mall closed.
all my favorite games are free (legally; cave story, NELG, Portal was for free for a limited time when I got it) so I would just get all the good games on the internet. I just search a couple of words and it would be right there to download. :P

and I actually see arcades all the time in restaurants and malls!
Redders
Artiste

Post by Redders »

ay, we have an arcade here at our mall (i like to think of the mall near my house as a super mall on steroids, its huge and it has everything! wait...don't ooc that!) right infront of the movie theater, a little miniature one. actually, two arcades because theres a gigantic Dave and Busters on the second floor near the movies aswell. oh how i love dave and busters <3

im amazing at Dance Dance Revolution, but only when i'm wearing my sneakers because highheels just make me trip. i have that for the wii also, but the dance mat is not as good as the machine. still, its fun and i don't have to pay every time i want to play three songs.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I'm glad you both have arcades near you. You both seem to live in or near larger population centers. In Philly there are a few Dave and Busters locations, and in Baltimore there is an ESPN Zone (unless they closed it down?), but here in quiet, smallish, not super exciting town, there are only about 1/10 of the arcades that there used to be.

I played an online Flash version of Portal that was totally fun!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

GreatZot wrote:
I played an online Flash version of Portal that was totally fun!
The real version is wwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better. You should try it I'm serious it's genius! :D
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I'm keen to try Portal 2 Co-Op. The ads are hilariously awesome!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Redders
Artiste

Post by Redders »

I've played portal once or twice, and I really liked it. I want to get portal two whenever possible.

I have still alive on my computer, going to put it on my itouch whenever I come around to putting music into it
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Clovvach wrote:
Chex, I spend my own money on games, unless it's as a Christmas gift or Birthday present, not my parents'. D:

Kudos! I know too many spoiled kids who don't have a job, and their parents buy a shazam!-ton of gaming stuff for them. :(

We have a mini arcade in the mall a few towns over. I like playing SkeeBall. :D
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Redness wrote:I've played portal once or twice, and I really liked it. I want to get portal two whenever possible.

I have still alive on my computer, going to put it on my itouch whenever I come around to putting music into it
Check out other stuff Jonathan Coulton made he really is the shazam!.

Chex, When I was young though, they seemed to have an exception. We were going to Disney World, and I need somthing to do (I was like 3 or 5 or 4) So they bought us 2 gameboy advances, and so many games that I still haven't even played some yet. (They all belong to my cousins now though), but it was totally unexpected on my part. I really was attatched to Super Mario Bros 3 (a remake), and Pokemon Emerald. Not so much anymore now, I've played better games, but they were cool.

Now it's I spend my money on everything except for books, and things I get for my birthday and Christmas.
Redders
Artiste

Post by Redders »

i still play pokemon emerald, ruby, and firered when i have the time. mostly just black now though.

what can i say, it hooked me while i was young. grew up with it and now i cant get it out of my system.