Random thoughts

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Random thoughts

Post by Clarence »

How about a topic for random thoughts? You a thought that may not warrent a whole topic.

If this has been done then close this, but if not it could be fun.
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Re: Random thoughts

Post by sizz »

ok here's a random thought:

do you remember ages ago Jon said he would ban anyone who mentioned a certain type of food... what food was it? i honestly can't remember... was it pie?
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Why yes it was. That whole pie thing was annoying after about 5 posts.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

So I do e-mails at work.

One e-mail was something like michaelwstith@hotmail.com

This had me really thinking.

His name was (just an example not the real case) Michael W Smith.

But his e-mail was michaelwstith ....

So ... I got to wondering if he typed in stith by mistake instead of smith.

And if he was too lazy to make the right e-mail when he made this mistake and then just decided to live with this typo e-mail lol.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

The T is too far away from the M on the keyboard to be a typo, that's why I think he did it on purpose.

There was this one episode on Star Trek (the old one, with Kirk) in which they were on a planet that made their thought come alive. Kirk said to his crew: "Don't think."
I've always wondered how to do that, not think.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

LaLou wrote:The T is too far away from the M on the keyboard to be a typo, that's why I think he did it on purpose.

There was this one episode on Star Trek (the old one, with Kirk) in which they were on a planet that made their thought come alive. Kirk said to his crew: "Don't think."
I've always wondered how to do that, not think.
You'd be surprised how a typo like that can happen. Happens to me all the time. Usually it's because I'm either not paying attention or I'm also thinking of another word and the letters get mixed in my brain.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

nich
I live here

Post by nich »

I've got some thoughts from when I was young. Way back when I was a kid I was learning about Dinosaurs and how an asteroid (supposedly) wiped them out.

For some reason I thought the asteroid destroyed the entire planet... and then God sent astronauts angles to fix it....

I swear my mind makes me look stupid sometimes. :bang:
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Haha speaking of childhood thoughts...

When I was little, probably early elementary, I always thought the trail of smoke from jet planes were what made the clouds! Like that's what their job was, to go up and make pretty clouds for the day. :lol:
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

THat's actually really adorable!
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

I got another hilarious one from my mom. When she was little she said she thought rain was God pissing on us. :lol:

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I had nightmares about the headless horseman when I was about 7 years old.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Thinking "B-e-a-yootiful" every time I go to spell Beautiful... I do it every time, and have since the first time I watched Bruce Almighty... So, for about 9 years of my life.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Some weird things that happened to me a few years back. One day I met a dude on Xbox Live. I was very shy of my voice online so I only used my mic with my friends I know in real life. Well the guy asked me if I could use my mic. Since I didn't like using my mic online I sent him a message and lied saying my mic was broken.

Two hours later I accidentally stepped on my mic and broke it. O.O

Another day I didn't want to go to school. During my lunch I took too big of a bite on my sandwich so I had to spit it out. It kind of looked like barf so I lied to the teacher and said I was sick. I got to go home for the day to relax in bed. The next day I was sick for real with a stomach ache.

Just some weird coincidences.
Stateless wrote:Thinking "B-e-a-yootiful" every time I go to spell Beautiful... I do it every time, and have since the first time I watched Bruce Almighty... So, for about 9 years of my life.
Seriously? I do the exact same thing! Except I always thought of it as "B-E-A-U-tiful" instead of "B-e-a-yootiful". I also think "TO-GET-HER" when I spell together.

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Random Thought:

Sometimes I wonder what the point is in having two accounts. Then I remember Ayamari. :lol:
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Shay wrote:Random Thought:

Sometimes I wonder what the point is in having two accounts. Then I remember Ayamari. :lol:
Who's that?

And I don't see a reason for multiple accounts. Maybe as a joke or something but at the end of the day the only real use for it is either cheating (forum games that require poll voting) or ban evasion. I know this isn't considered a serious forum but I think we still should considered the ways multiple accounts can be abused. Even if you don't intend to do that with an alternate account it's still the only reason to have one.

People could say it's a backup account but what could happen to your main account that isn't a ban/punishment to make you need a new one? losing your password can be easily solved and if someone hacks your account you could simply contact a mod/admin to solve the issue.

Also think about this. You know all those spammers? Have you ever considered that a large portion of them are the same person with multiple accounts just to spam? Alternate accounts should be considered to be a new rule.

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Sometimes you just want to get away and show a side of you that is always lurking without the consequences of being tied to yourself. Maybe it's sneaky. Maybe it's untruthful. Maybe it is stupid and ultimately people will find out and judge you even more. But regardless, it doesn't stop the fact that at that moment you feel completely relieved and free.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Shay wrote:But regardless, it doesn't stop the fact that at that moment you feel completely relieved and free.
Yeah... Until the mods look at your IP. :lol:

But I kind of see what you mean. I guess it isn't that big of a deal. Or at least hear anyway. Other forums have more strict rules. I remember back on the old forums that big shazam! storm in the "stupid topic" topic (Does Effie have foresight or what) and I ended up getting banned for a week and started to continue posting as a "quest". I was surprised that (Once I realized you could find out who I was by looking at m IP) no one cared I was bypassing the ban.

Well anyways I was just saying because there's really no legitimate/honest reason to have a second account and seemed useless to allow it. But I know what it's like to have a fresh start (sort of). Some times I wonder what it would be like if I had my name changed, moved to a new location, left all my possessions and started a completely new and fresh life. It would be some kind of an adventure. But luckily I have no reason to run away from home.

But you know what? I think this gave me an awesome idea for a story to write! Sweet! :D

But no really who is Ayamari?

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I hope you share the story if you decide to do it! :)

Ayamari is this little wench that thought she was all high and mighty and liked to cause drama. We call her Schizophrenic jabberwocky now. She made fun of people, hurt some feelings, was sometimes fun, and gave us someone to pounce on. You missed those days.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Shay wrote:I hope you share the story if you decide to do it! :)

Ayamari is this little wench that thought she was all high and mighty and liked to cause drama. We call her Schizophrenic jabberwocky now. She made fun of people, hurt some feelings, was sometimes fun, and gave us someone to pounce on. You missed those days.
Reminds me of the old me! :lol:

I assume she made multiple accounts and thought she would never get caught?

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

She was me. The mods knew about it, but the general public did not until I finally said something because I felt a little guilty after getting carried away one night. :P