Castleville!!

Shay
recuerdame

Re: Castleville!!

Post by Shay »

I just got moldy cheese from a peacock and an arrow head from one of my royal buildings. :?

Effie, Castleville is a game on FB.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

You can use the moldy cheese to make a rat decoy. But I have no idea what that might be good for yet. I send crystal shards as free gifts but somehow I think people don't get it because I rarely get anything back. Seems buggy to me.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah same. And the few times I "do" get a notification stating I've been gifted a shard, it never effing gives it to me. :angry:
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I think it's still in beta. There should be a place on their message boards where you can report bugs.

I always have my workshops running. If I don't have anything specific for a quest, I make stone blocks and wood planks to have a stock pile. I'm starting to do the same in the studio and kitchen. Cotton thread, oil, butter...
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah, I pretty much am doing the same. I also always have the maximum number of stone and logs or close to at all times now as well.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Question: When the NPCs walk around wanting items rather than giving you quests, is it because you're not far enough in the game to accept their next quest? I just finished quest 7 of 14 for Yvette, but instead of giving me quest 8 of 14, she gave me 1000g for a button.
chex

Post by chex »

I have no idea, but Rafael has been asking for an axe for a while now. Not gonna happen, buddy!
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

They want items in between quests. Sonja wanted some pants, after giving her some she coughed up the next quest.
chex

Post by chex »

Sonja wants hot buns right now. That request went away and she gave me a request. Well I forgot to click accept, and she's back to wanting hot buns. Stupid jabberwocky.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Shay wrote:Trust me, I post that shazam! all the time and make it a point to click on everyone's shazam!.
I would send you some if I could find you.
chex

Post by chex »

Oh! Occasionally you'll get a shard from banishing beasties. You can get a gloom rat potion for 5 reputation hearts. The shards are rare, but the hearts are easy to get, and you get experience from banishing them. Of course, it's a huge energy suck.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

LaLou, unfortunately I can't add you yet. Soon though! Hopefully after this weekend depending on Ali.

Also, I dunno about the whole requesting items. Sonja had sausages on the mind forever (lol). I never gave them to her, one because I didn't have a butcher, and two because I thought it was funny to have her walking around my kingdom with sausages on the mind. At any rate, I never had them, accidentally clicked on her one time and she gave me a quest instead of asking for sausages.

Anyway, main reason I came here... has anyone started the beastie laboratory? I haven't done it yet. I have the quest for it, but I'm afraid it will turn into wasted space like the effing gift-a-pult.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Thanks chex for sharing that candel! It spared me quite some time and effort.

I have built the beastie lab, you need it to built the rat decoy, which you have to built for a quest after the 'built a lab' quest. Dunno if it is of any other use yet.
chex

Post by chex »

Mine is up and running too. I don't mind it, because the point of the game is pushing back the gloom, banishing beasties, and such. I didn't like the seasonal side quests.

I had a dream last night that Santa had returned. I was pissed. :lol:
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Well I need to work on getting 12 explorer crystals so I can get more space to even have room for my beastie laboratory. I don't know how you guys do it! I can't stand my stuff being too close together and cluttered. My Kingdom is already getting to the point where it's starting to bug me with the clutter. I've managed to make it still look like a kingdom though, so yay!
chex

Post by chex »

I have two crystals crafting now. When they're done, I'll have enough to explore an are that needs 16 of them!
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I just spent seven crystals and need twelve now. >.<
And why do all those people want anything from me? Pants, apron, grape juice. Go to the salvation army!
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

:lmao:
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Effing PISSED.

I was showing off my Kingdom and talking about how excited I was that as soon as I'm finished with the three explorer crystals, I'll be able to get the one for Sonja that takes 12. I was asked how many each of the other gloom areas around me cost.

In looking, I still hadn't gotten that small spot with the sheep that only costs four. I hate that spot with a fiery passion. Everything about that spot does nothing but put a giant smurf kink into ALL of my plans. Crystal shards, the awkwardness of the location, the fact it's small, I can't get the places on either side, etc. It serves absolutely NO purpose for me. Has two sheep? Lovely. Don't care. Just means more damn mouths to feed.

So while we were going over each one, I made it to that stupid little spot I can't effing stand. Apparently like a dumb bottom, I accidentally clicked accept and didn't notice it until it was too late. I now have this smurf AWFUL spot I can't effing stand! What's worse, is I now have to work my bottom off trying to get more crystals yet again so I can finish Sonja's stupid 12 crystal exploration. GRRRRRR!!!!

Where's the smurf UNDO button!?
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I just finished crafting all the materials it takes to make two flags. I have now started my first flag which takes freaking EIGHTEEN hours. Thankfully, I'm only on quest 16 of 20, so I still have a few quests yet before it's needed. Thanks again for the info, Chex! I've been working on those for two or three days now.