SSA 2011 Name List!

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Beany
Demimod

Re: SSA 2011 Name List!

Post by Beany »

I agree with that. I know some people with very strange names. A name that's really popular here for people my age is Chloe. I know so many Chloes and Rebeccas. I don't understand why people don't go for normal names that aren't so common. My name is very uncommon for someone my age, but at least it means that there's less confusion.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Are Rain and Soleil weird names? :oops:
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

They are unusual. Rain isn't technically a legitimate name and I'm not sure about Soleil. As a side note, up until I was about 16, I thought Soleil was pronounced "sol eel"
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

Woot Jacob is number one woot ._.

And it's been number one since I was born in 1996. Total lack of originality on my parents' part. :lol: But my middle name is nowhere on that list.

EDIT: My bad. My name was #3 in 1996 when I was born, #2 in 1997-99 and has been #1 since 2000. Yayyy ._.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
chex

Post by chex »

Your name is a solid classic.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

This is why I like my name. It's not uncommon, but it's uncommon for someone my age.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Shay wrote:Are Rain and Soleil weird names? :oops:
Yes, but then people with weird names are the best!!!

Coming from someone with an even weirder name (me) i will vouch for weird names, because everyone is always like 'i love your name, where's it from' but then it is also annoying. I wouldn't call my kids weird names because of the kind of problems that come with it. i'd go for somewhere in the middle. Rain and Soleil are really cute though. And, (other than chex :P) there aren't any pronounciation issues like there are with my name! people won't go 'what' after hearing 'rain'. They're not as weird as some names. Also, i like my name more as i get older. People remember you too.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I'm just a big hippie at heart I think. :lol: I've always wanted a daughter named Rain. Then within the first week that I met Sean, he mentioned at one point how he's always wanted a daughter named Rain. (I hadn't told him I did, nor did I mention it then either because I didn't want to be that typical girl "omg me too!!!11!ONE") I had never heard of the name Soleil. Didn't even know how to spell it. I would have ended up spelling it Solei without the 'l'. It's a pretty name, and I loved it even more when I found out it meant Sunshine. Rain and Sunshine. I love it. It's very spiritual for me. But we did consider the weird names issue too, so we have them middle names of Guinevere and Ofelia. So if they want, they can definitely go by that at school, work, whatever and we can call them by their first names at home. I just hope they don't hate it! :oops:
chex

Post by chex »

It's always a good idea to give them a more serious sounding option. I went with Annabel for CP because she can still shorten it to a more serious sounding Anna if she chooses. (I alternate between Annabel, Anna, and Annie) When I named my spawn, it was really important to me that they all had different styles to choose from within their names, so they can hopefully find something that they identify with.

I freakin' LOVE the middle names you guys picked for your future girls. Have you talked more about a second boys name? I remember you weren't certain about Mark Robert.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Nope, haven't really discussed it further. It probably won't be something that gets brought up until after we have our first son. I like the sentiment behind the name, but ultimately I'm not a big fan of just Mark Robert. Next to the other three, he's kind of the odd ball out and definitely makes him seem unplanned or unwanted to me, even if that's not actually the case.
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

chex wrote:Your name is a solid classic.

I suppose so!

Although here are like 5 Jacobs in my grade... And they're all douchebags except me. :lol:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan