Jim Carrey to be a grandpa at 47

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Jim Carrey to be a grandpa at 47

Post by Clarence »

No, 23 was a TERRIBLE movie with a very cliche ending, it was terrible. I don't remember how I got sucked into seeing it, but it was just garbage.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah, when Sean came to visit me back when I lived in Ohio, we didn't do much that weekend since I was pregnant at the time. So we rented/watched like...nine movies that weekend. Unfortunately, 23 was one of them because we thought maybe it would be good. It most certainly was not.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Yeah, Jim Carrey should just stick to what he does best: Comedy. Though some of his movies were kinda dwindling lately, "Yes Man" was AMAZING if you seen it.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yes Man was the shazam!! We actually went and saw it in theaters. I'll be honest, I wasn't too sure about it with his recent movies. However, I walked out of that theater thoroughly impressed. It is only my list of movies to buy whenever I get my DVD player either fixed or replaced.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Yeah, I think it was also because I went into it with low expectations thinking it would be one of his less then stellar movies. So when it turned out to be really good I was extremely impressed.

Same with Transformers, I went into it thinking it would never work and wasn't expecting anything worthwhile, and it turned out GREAT. Unlike Transformers 2.... that was no wheres near as good as the first one.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah, exactly. I remember when I first heard about the Transformers movie coming out. I wasn't necessarily pissed, but I wasn't happy about it either. I hate it when people try to take classic cartoons and comics and try to turn it into a movie, because they usually just destroy it. But, I decided to go to the first showing anyway and it far exceeded my expectations. However, I've read the reviews here and heard about it through friends about the second one. I won't see it, ever. It will just kill the first one for me.