EASTER IS COMING!!

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: EASTER IS COMING!!

Post by Clarence »

Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Easter has come.

Happy Easter!
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Bah Humbug...

As of 11:42 PM last night, my Easter is now just another Sunday.

My family is doing Easter at my aunts who lives an hour away, at 1 PM. I was supposed to work 9PM to overnight which would have worked out, between sleeping in the car and napping at home before work.

But..

Now, well I slept extremely miserably. (Woke up 4 hours early, cannot fall asleep again..) And now my overnight manager wants me to come in at 7:30, since that's when the truck gets there and since the store closes at noon, we can actually start stocking as soon as the truck shows up.

So now I have to just stay home and figure out my sleep before then.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

We had Easter at Brandon's family yesterday and it was great! I made stuffed burgers with shredded sharp cheddar, chopped bacon, diced onions, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Brandon grilled them on the little hibachi grill and they were so friggin' delicious!! We also took over some smoked cheddar sausages and chili cheese dogs. His brother brought a fruit and veggie tray and enjoyed the nice outdoors with family all evening. Good times.

Today was less exciting though. We went to my mother's. I hate my mother, but I go to see my brother, aunt, and niece. My niece is extremely spoiled by my family. My brother and I hate it. My family doesn't listen to him as much as he asks them not to constantly give her gifts and candy all the friggin' time. My niece is growing up to be a spoiled, self-entitled brat that thinks all holidays are about her. You can't tease her. You can't pick on her playfully. You must give her a gift. And you can't tell her no. If any one of these things are not followed, then she gets "stressed" out gets cranky and throws fits, then you're the bad guy. :eyeroll:

I told Brandon when we left that when we have children, we are not going to let my family spoil them the way they currently do with E. My children will not be getting presents every single holiday. Christmas and birthdays are the time for presents. Not Mother's Day, Father's Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Easter, etc. And the moment my family disrespects my wishes, they won't see me at the next family event until they can learn to not overstep my boundaries. Brandon agreed completely.

I'm sure you guys think I'm being harsh or something, but that's just how I feel.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Easter I got a basket with candy, if its ever anything more than that it's something small, like, 5-10 dollars worth.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I can understand a little Easter basket and some change. This was definitely not that. Half the living room was full of presents. A giant bottom doll house she doesn't need, more barbies, lots of legos, three baskets of homemade cookies that probably had like five cookies a piece, and so much more. She has so much stuff as it is that my brother has to throw the old stuff away just to make room for the new stuff. Nobody listens to him. And then when he starts getting rid of stuff, everyone makes a damn fuss and makes him out to be a bad dad. She doesn't need any of this stuff. If you absolutely need to get her something, how about some clothes, school supplies, learning books, food gift cards, actual necessities rather than more junk and sugar.
Moe

Post by Moe »

I completely agree with that. Honestly its weird, because for easter, I always kinda thought even the $5-10 worth of stuff I got was a bit much

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

When I was the easter bunny at the mall I always thought it was weird and lame when kids asked me for all kinds of presents. I would often say that I would tell Santa or something like that, ha ha ha! Because come on, why the smurf would you get presents and whatnot for baby jeebus' death and resurrection? Or just because the days were getting a bit longer and the Sun God decided to grant you with warmth for another year? Or whatever? Srsly tho, they would ask for a whole list of stuff, and I would be sitting there inside the big plastic head just thankful that they could not see my face. I was neither pleased nor amused.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Shay wrote:Not Mother's Day, Father's Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Easter, etc.
Why would you give a child a present on Mother's/Father's day? They're about respecting your parents or parental figures in your life. And while some people do this with gifts, it's spending time with people that counts. As for Easter, no. It's not a present-giving occasion. In England, we give chocolate, which is a gift, but it's generally inexpensive and not meant to be a big thing. You wouldn't wrap an Easter egg. Just like you wouldn't make a list of Easter eggs that you wanted. It's sad that people can't appreciate holidays for what they are though. I'm not saying that if you're not religious you shouldn't celebrate Christmas and Easter - they've been made into 'special' days now where people often spend time with family they don't see often - but at least knowing and understanding the meaning behind them, and the same goes with the non-religious ones. It's not all about free crap.

But srsly, you guys have too many holidays. Christmas, Easter, Mother's, Father's and Hallowe'en. Is that not too many already?

Ah, Easter festivities... I spent it cleaning out my room. Screw big family gatherings.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

you also appreciate gifts less when you get lots. I never got easter eggs growing up, and then one year out of the blue (I must've been about 12) my parents bought me a fancy chocolate egg and it was so nice :P
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

The only presents my kids get on Easter is their candy basket and maybe some sidewalk chalk or a jump rope or something. Just a small toy to be played with outside. Birthdays are usually clothes and one special toy, plus getting to pick dinner that night. So no, I don't think you're harsh, Shay.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Well that makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one that thinks this way. In terms of our holidays... we have a bunch! I think I get 11 paid holidays a year from work. I quite enjoy if not for a nice day off to spend with Brandon's family (cuz smurf my family lol). And to address the whole presents on holidays such as mother's day and the lot... my family (excluding my brother and I) have this thing where they feel they must get her gifts so she doesn't feel left out. UGH... this is wrong on so many levels that I could rant on for hours.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

11?!

Wait... I get paid bank holidays. That's New Years' Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, the May one, the other May one, August, Christmas, Boxing Day... that's eight. I suppose that's not so bad.

I miss school holidays (though that's partially because my friends always complain about the length/time/excitement of their holidays. jabberwocky, don't complain about four weeks. I got two days.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

New Years
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
And one more that I cannot remember(NOT Easter)
^^^
Days that count as 'PaidHolidays' where I work

I want to say Christmas for the last one, but we are also closed on Christmas so I don't know

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men