Wii U

KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Wii U

Post by KecleonFan »

Oh man. I'm soooo excited about this! This will be like the first portable console ever. Get me a Wii U!
Kecleon is the greatest! Don't you agree?

I'm watching you! O_O
bella
the two timer

Re: Wii U

Post by bella »

The first portable? Screw Playstation PSP, Nintendo DS and all that crap.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

The PSP and Gameboys weren't considered consoles. However the Wii U sounds really dumb. Last I heard about it, all the games were single player. Another Nintenduh console that tries to innovate but ends up falling behind. The sad thing is that there's so many Nintenduh fanboys with mario hardons that they'll end up buying a million of these things even though they're garbage.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Jonny Boy wrote:they'll end up buying a million of these things even though they're garbage.
Kind of like the Wii :P
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Post by KecleonFan »

I agree on the name (Wii 2 sounded a whole lot cooler), but give Nintendo a chance. They haven't even released it yet.

I'm watching you! O_O
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

That's like saying "Give Hitler a chance, he hasn't be resurrected as a zombie cyborg of doom!". It's Hitler, it's not like he's going to become a gardener.
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Post by KecleonFan »

:shock: I have no idea how to respond to that. :shock:

I'm watching you! O_O
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Then don't. ;)
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Post by KecleonFan »

OK. ;)

I'm watching you! O_O
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

I think it's cool. The tablet interaction is innovative to me. Plus third party/cross platforms games will utilize the features of the tablet (AC3 for example) while probably being the same game as on other consoles opposed to a complete new and dumbed down game for the Wii.

I do think it's stupid that they decided to make a console only slightly more powerful then current consoles which are nearing the end of their life cycle. They're falling behind and the Wii was a flop. Again, from what I hear the Wii U is at the level of current consoles meaning it should have been released 5 years ago. With the PS4 and the new Xbox (Who the smurf came up with the name 720 anyway?) around the corner they're likely to be a huge leap in technology leaving Nintendo 5 years in the past. Again.

Not to mention that all they have to do is wait for the Wii U to release, check out what makes it good, and advanced their consoles to make it far better. That's really what Nintendo should have done. Waited for the new consoles, take notes, and improve. That's really what they should have done. If they did they would be able to crush their competitors and get back in first place. Big fail on their part if what I hear is true.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

360 x 2 = 720. If you didn't predict that the next console that they put out would be the 720 then you need to go back to grade 4 and take basic math again.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Jonny Boy wrote:360 x 2 = 720. If you didn't predict that the next console that they put out would be the 720 then you need to go back to grade 4 and take basic math again.
I know what it means but the name just sounds so stupid. Plus simply multiplying the 360 is a really lame way to come up with a name.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Well it's mostly due to marketing psychology. By naming their system 360 it gave people the sense that it was better than the ps3. Now that the PS4 is coming out, they needed to up the number and make it sound WAAAAAY better. Microsoft isn't the first company to do this. Look at other types of electronics, particularly CPUs.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Can't wait for the xbox 184320 to come out!
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Jonny Boy wrote:Well it's mostly due to marketing psychology. By naming their system 360 it gave people the sense that it was better than the ps3. Now that the PS4 is coming out, they needed to up the number and make it sound WAAAAAY better. Microsoft isn't the first company to do this. Look at other types of electronics, particularly CPUs.
Well I still think it's a stupid name.
Clarence wrote:Can't wait for the xbox 184320 to come out!
ROFL! I'm so excited for CoD 3000! Oh wait I got MW2. Never mind.